How to Join the WEDF 2022 Event Platform
We’re using some new tech for this year’s event (thanks again to our development partners Matrix and Element).
It’s new to us – and it might be new to you too. If that’s the case, here’s exactly how to get set up on it.
Video and written instructions for both desktop and mobile are right here:
Join on desktop
- Go to the registration page on https://forum.worldethicaldata.org/#/register
- Choose your username and password and any additional details you want to fill in.
You can always later log in on https://forum.worldethicaldata.org/ using your chosen username and password.
For mobile, we use the Element Matrix client. Element is our development partner, helping us making the Forum a reality, using their open source technology. Both iOS and Android devices are supported.
- Download the Element Messenger app, from the App Store for iOS: https://apps.apple.com/app/vector/id1083446067 or from Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=im.vector.app or F-Droid for Android: https://f-droid.org/packages/im.vector.app/
- Open the Element Messenger app
- Click Create an account
- On the next screen, click Skip this question.
- Click the Edit button next to matrix.org to change your homeserver to worldethicaldataforum.org and click Confirm
- Enter your chosen username and password and click Next
- Now you can personalise your profile, go directly into the platform.
And that’s it. See you on the platform!